2nd PCA Buenos Aires Vis Pre-Moot 2021
On 5 March 2021, the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA) hosted practice moot rounds for the 28th Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, for the first time virtually.
The following teams attended:
- Brooklyn Law School (U.S.A.);
- Federal University of Minas Gerais (Brazil);
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Mexico);
- Jagiellonian University (Poland);
- Mackenzie Presbyterian University (Brazil);
- Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil);
- Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (Brazil);
- Universidad Austral (Argentina);
- University of Buenos Aires (Argentina);
- Universidad Francisco Marroquín (Guatemala);
- University of Mannheim (Germany); and
- University of Montevideo (Uruguay).
During the PCA Buenos Aires Vis Pre-moot, each team had the chance to plead three times before tribunals composed of international arbitration specialists from various jurisdictions and legal backgrounds. The teams received detailed feedback on their pleadings in order to assist their preparation before the Vis Moot competition commences on 27 March 2021.
After three rounds, the team with the highest average total score was the University of Buenos Aires. The runner-up was the Jagiellonian University, while the Brooklyn Law School placed third. The oralist with the highest score was Ms. Rafaella Ayub Veiga from the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo.
The PCA would like to thank all teams and arbitrators for making the second edition of the PCA Buenos Aires Vis Pre-moot a success. The PCA wishes all teams the best of luck for the forthcoming competition.