The PCA’s various cooperation agreements with other arbitral institutions around the world promote mutual assistance and the sharing of expertise.
In addition to Host Country Agreements, the PCA has entered into cooperation agreements with other arbitration institutions and international organizations around the world in order to make PCA dispute resolution services more widely accessible.
These agreements provide a framework for cooperation among institutions involved in the peaceful settlement of international disputes. Most of these agreements enable the PCA to hold hearings and meetings in the facilities of the other institution, as well as to receive assistance with the arrangement of local support services for such events.
To date, the PCA has signed cooperation agreements with the following entities:
- International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID);
- Inter-American Court of Human Rights (IACHR);
- Organization of American States (OAS);
- Central American Court of Justice (CACJ);
- American Arbitration Association (AAA);
- Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa (AFSA);
- Association for the Promotion of Arbitration in Africa (APAA);
- Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA);
- Bangladesh International Arbitration Centre (BIAC);
- Bahrain Chamber for Dispute Resolution (BCDR-AAA);
- Center for Arbitration and Conciliation of the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce (CAC-CCB);
- Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CAC-CCIP);
- Arbitration and Mediation Center of the Brazil-Canada Chamber of Commerce (CAM-CCBC);
- China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC);
- Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC);
- Georgia International Arbitration Centre (GIAC);
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC);
- Istanbul Arbitration Centre (ISTAC);
- Kuwaiti Commercial Arbitration Centre (KCAC);
- Seoul International Dispute Resolution Center (Seoul IDRC);
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC);
- Tehran Regional Arbitration Centre (TRAC);
- Qatar International Center for Conciliation and Arbitration (QICCA);
- Thailand Arbitration Center (THAC);
- Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration (MCIA);
- The Nairobi Centre for International Arbitration (NCIA); and
- The Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA).